Tuesday 13 March 2012

Musings of a (very part-time) family historian... A beginning

This blog is intended to be a non-linearly arranged, occasional (when the mood takes, and time permits) series of notes, comments, findings etc about my family tree... the Vernes-Jones tree in Australia.

Family tree research takes you very much off on strange and unexpected tangents - when I have a spare moment to search out new information, I usually don't know who to research, from what time period, or even why I want to know about a long-lost ancestor (the latter being weirdest part of family history research) - I just latch onto a name from the family tree, and start delving.  So, this blog will reflect that random, scatter-gun approach to family history research - probably the approach all but the most disciplined, cold-hearted (and detached) family researchers take! (never met one of those, by the way).

If you enjoy it - great!  I hope I can pass on the excitement I get when something new and unexpected leaps out of history.  Make sure you pass on stories too... meanwhile, I'll try to do justice to the the life stories of the old ancestors....

Karl... That's me, bottom right....